Washington:
US President Donald Trump has said a planned American military attack on Iran
scheduled for Tuesday was postponed following requests from Gulf leaders,
including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. In a post shared on
Truth Social, Trump stated that “serious negotiations are now taking place” and
claimed Gulf allies had urged Washington to give diplomacy more time.
Trump
said he had been informed that a deal acceptable to the United States could
soon be reached, stressing that the main objective remains preventing Iran from
obtaining nuclear weapons. “There will be NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!” he
wrote, while expressing optimism that negotiations could lead to a peaceful
outcome.
At the same time, Trump warned that the United States remains prepared to launch “a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice” if talks fail to produce a satisfactory agreement. Responding to the remarks, a senior Iranian military commander cautioned Washington against making “strategic mistakes and miscalculations again,” highlighting the continuing tensions between the two countries.
Follow Rehaab Online on WhatsApp (Click here to join the group)
